Saturday, November 19, 2011

Are there bad brands of Micro SD cards?

I'm looking for a micro SD card and I found some really cheap ones on ebay for like a 2GB around 10 dollars. Is there something that I should stay away from or anything I can look for when buying? Please give me any feedback.

Are there bad brands of Micro SD cards?
To my best knowlege there are no particulary "BAD" SD cards.... However $10 for a 2gig SD card is just too good to be true. I'd stay away if I was you. I have gotten CF and SD cards from "less known" manufacturers in the past and they worked just fine. As a general rule of thumb I wouldnt advise you to buy any media that costs more than $20 less that the "known" brands. Anything less sounds a little fishy...





EDIT: As an example a Kingston Standard 2GB SD card on newegg is $18.99 shipped... So that means that something you'd get on e-bay for $10 would probably be fine.(yes I know I'm contradicting what I said above. I just did some research and proven myself wrong) Havent kept up to date with the current prices. ;)





If the card will suck, give the seller a bad feedback and state that he sells bad products. Either way... what are you risking? $10? That's not much of a loss, but if the card will turn out tio be fine, you will have a nice deal.





The above is purely IMHO, and should be taken accordingly. I'm just trying to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment